Madikwe Game Reserve
Cell: 076 694 0505
Cell: 083 379 6912
Travelling time from Gauteng to the Lodge is approximately 4 hours
* From Johannesburg head north on N1 towards the N4 Toll Road.
* Take the N4 Toll road north west towards Rustenburg, Swartruggens, Groot Marico and Zeerust.
* Once in Zeerust turn right at the fourth stop street into President Street. There is a signpost on the left that says “ Madikwe Game Reserve/Gaborone” and an ABSA bank on the corner to the left
* Follow the R47/R49 towards the reserve for approximately 95km
* The first entrance to the reserve is Abjaterskop gate
* Pass that gate and enter at the next gate – Wonderboom Gate exactly 7km from the first gate
* Once you have gone through the boom there is a Bush House sign board about 300m along the gravel road. Turn left in here and travel through our gate. Follow the road to reception.
NB. Please watch the speed limit when travelling through the small villages as there is a lot of trapping along the R47/R49.
Please fill up with fuel in Zeerust as the small garages along the road to the Lodge do not always have stocks of fuel.
Contact details for the lodge: - Bush house 083 379 6912
Sue 076 694 0505
S24 46" 00' E26 10" 24’
· Keep to the speed limit, especially when it drops down from 120kms to 80kms. The traffic officials are often at these spots
including the small villages where the speed limit is 60kms as there is a lot of trapping along the R47/R49.
· Best bathroom facilities enroute are at the Wimpy in Koster or the Wimpy in Zeerust.
· If you drive an unleaded vehicle, fill up in Zeerust as you will have another 200kms before you return that way and the
petrol stations between Zeerust and Madikwe are often out of unleaded fuel.
Charter Flights and Scheduled Flights
There is a scheduled Federal Air flight that flies in and out of the Reserve daily. Should you wish to charter a plane to suit your own time frame this can be arranged through Madikwe Charters.
Transfers can be arranged from within South Africa and from Botswana.
These can be booked through our reservations.